IMBA membership renewal?

Question --- I just got my annual letter from IMBA telling me its time to renew my membership.  I know its only $50 for the basic, and I've got plenty t-shirts, etc...but I'm wondering whats in this thing for BUMP for me to continue to be an IMBA member.  I don't know how accurate this is, but I've heard that BUMP doesn't receive any funds from IMBA's membership dues...is there clarification on that?

Is it possible to be a member of BUMP and have all my membership dues go locally and then let BUMP pay IMBA?

If anything, I was quite disheartened by the latest IMBA newsletter where they have a big article about all the great events they're been having across the United State to celebrate their 25th anniversary. There were 25 of these, 7-8 of them were in Colorado and most were out west which is to be expected, but none of them were in the southeast -- no GA, AL, TN, SC, FL, MS, LA, AR, TX, KY...I don't even think they had one in NC.

Joe

Signup or to reply
Yes, when you renew your membership through IMBA, you are also renewing your membership with BUMP. This is how we collect our membership dues. Base membership is $30, but you can donate more. the amount is split between IMBA/SORBA and BUMP. 

Just be sure to select BUMP as your local club! 

BUMP is proud to be affiliated with IMBA and SORBA as they do much on a national level to promote our sport, It is definitely a mutually beneficial arrangement. I will leave it to others to comment on the celebration. 

Thanks
Signup or to reply
Joe, it is a 60/40 split where BUMP gets 60%. IMBA provides access to proper club insurance and membership administration. That is currently the only way to be an official BUMP member. Money donated through this website will go directly to BUMP. The decision to beome an IMBA chapter was discussed exhaustively....insurance being the driving force.
Signup or to reply

Thanks RAN -- yep....have always made sure BUMP was my home team since the jump to IMBA membership.

Thanks Mark for the clarification on the split. Not sure where I got the mis-information (sometimes the mind gets creative??) but glad to have the clarification.

Joe

Signup or to reply
Copyrights © 2015