Group camp road/Lightning trailhead access

It never ceases to amaze that there's a group of riders that somehow feel that rules don't apply to them. Avoid the rush and  get your wish list  to Santa for an escalator or possibly a sleigh and eight tiny reindeer to magically propel yourselve  to the top, in order to avoid the unthinkable, and actually have to pedal up the climb.

It only takes one violator to give all bikers a bad rap. Please don't allow selfish motives to jeopardize our relationship with Park administration, without which there would be no trails for anyone to enjoy. All we can do is to try our best to get out the word to the biking community and hope that ther are no future incidents. Please join in our efforts to make this happen. 

These comments are not intended to offend any group, but hopefully get everyone on the same page. Dial BR-549 for an appointment on  the soap box.! Nuff said......................ride on.

Signup or to reply

I like cookies!!!

If it hurts, chances are, you had a blast!
Signup or to reply

Horse cookies?

Signup or to reply

Research board and fiduciary duties - this is more of a board and committee issue even though they are blaming others (they should have anticipated this - it is obvious)

Instead of building a downhill/free-ride trail in an Eagle Scout historic restoration project area, off of a gated road with no parking lot at the base, maybe the issues would be moot if the "flow trail" was placed where it ended at the pump track (like it was proposed and sold) - think space, mtb/bmx area/community, parking, bathrooms, other user respect, etc.

Or if the trail that was proposed and sold was actually a dual direction flow trail and not a one way downhill/free-ride trail, the subject issues would not be occurring

The bigger issue than people ignoring the gate is that the park probably feels misled (if they recall the facts and connect the dots) so future projects will be more scrutinized and possibly restricted because BUMP's integrity, credibility, and trust factor are lower

Signup or to reply

Here we go again....  

BUMP's integrity, credibility, and trust factor is lower  ---- DUDE ARE YOU HIGH?  There is a reason state agencies ask us for help. There is a reason why Mark was a speaker at a conference to park superintendents...

BLAH BLAH BLAH.... I am wonderful you are not.... I am superior you are not.... I know what's better for everything and you don't.... blah blah blah.... It's all about me and how I want things done..... blah blah blah..... I'm too scared to go down new trails and push myself.... blah blah blah.... 

Get over yourself. Trust me we would rather you take you ball home and not play with us any more. Do I hear a plus 1?

Signup or to reply

+1

Signup or to reply

Kasey, I've seen you using grant funded trails. I recall several of us working on trail you were having a good time on barely a month ago.

I`m here where are you?
Signup or to reply

Terry and I were talking about this yesterday.  You DO NOT want this trail easily accessible by every novice and poser.  It is a difficult ride that requires a lot of skills that most riders do not possess. As to people shuttling riders to the top through the gate, why do some people take up a challenging sport like mountain biking and then want to bypass some of the challenge?  IMO, BUMP needs no defenders; just count the number of mountain bikers at the STH parking lot on any given Saturday.  I saw more yesterday than I have ever seen.  Keep up the great work Team BUMP.

Signup or to reply

Yeah!  So sit back, relax, and have a treat.  A Tastey treat like a horse cookie, cow pie, or a yummy buffalo cake.   Oh, almost forgot, Rocky Mountain Oysters are very delectable as well.

If it hurts, chances are, you had a blast!
Signup or to reply
Copyrights © 2015